Friday, December 28, 2007

Santa


I thought it was extreme when I heard that the Sesame Street "old school" videos come with a warning that they weren't appropriate for children to watch.


Now apparently Santa is a bad role model?









And there is even a Christmas song some elementary schools are choosing for their holiday concerts called Santa Claus, Santa Claus, You are Much to Fat!


No, really... if you google it you can even buy the sheet music. You might even come across a YouTube video of some kids singing it at their school concert. Unbelievable. Here are the lyrics.


Santa Claus, Santa Claus, You are Much Too Fat!(sing to the tune of “Jingle Bells”)


I heard a reindeer hoof, then Santa dressed in red,came crashing thro’ the roof and landed on my bed. I thought it was a dream, but quickly did I wake,as soon as I heard Santa scream, “I want a piece of cake!”


CHORUS


Oh, Santa Claus, Santa Claus, you are much too fat; I was sleeping peacefully but not my bed is flat. Oh! Santa Claus, Santa Claus, how much do you weigh? I’m glad I’m not a reindeer that has to pull your sleigh!
He got up off the floor and said, “How do you do?” I said, “My back is sore, my head is black and blue.” “So sorry!” he replied, and then he asked my name. He offered me a ride, I said, “No, thank you just the same!”


CHORUS


I heard a “ho, ho, ho,” the sleigh was in the sky.but it was moving slow and wasn’t very high. It wobbled in the air, I hoped it wouldn’t fall; Said Santa, chewing cookies, “Merry Christmas, one and all!”


CHORUS


No comments: